Two of the things I wanted to see the most while we were in
New Orleans were the famous cemeteries and the plantations.
More specifically I wanted to visit the cemetery that was in
the movie Double Jeopardy. We found
which one it was and made it there right before they closed the gates.
The tombs in New Orleans are all above ground because the
burial plots there are shallow and the water table is very high so if they dig graves they would fill
with water and the caskets would float.
These cemeteries are so cool!
They refer to the burial
plots as "cities of the dead". I've also read that some of these cemeteries have politicians, pirates, and voodoo queens buried in them.
As we were driving out of New Orleans on our way to Baton
Rouge we saw a sign for a plantation. It
was too late to take a tour so we just pulled over and admired.
The plantation was Beautiful!
Just look at those trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment