Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Country

So for those of you who may not be familiar with the island of Oahu here are two things you need to know:  Honolulu and Waikiki are referred to as "town", and the North shore, the part of the island we live on, is considered "the country".  It is pretty country out here, for instance there are wild chickens everywhere (Ryan and I once saw a chicken try to cross the road (har har) and get hit by the car in front of us (poor thing)) and people put lawn chairs in the back of trucks and sit in them while they drive down the road, but in my opinion the country side is the most beautiful part of the island.  Yesterday when I got done with work the next bus wasn't scheduled to come for another half an hour so I decided to start walking and catch it at a stop further ahead, but instead I watched it zoom past me as I tried to rush to the next stop which was so close in front of me.  So then I decided to just enjoy the beautiful (2.5 mile) walk home.



I love the country

No comments: