"Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!
He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name—you are the daughters of His kingdom."
In other news I did something today that I have not done in a long long time. I finished a book. I know, kind of pathetic, but I have a hard time getting myself into a book. But being here in Hawaii and having lots and lots of time on my hands as I wait to begin work, and since we only have one computer and Ryan, being the full-time student in the household, gets precedence over the computer, I have found that I have alot of time and a great desire to read.
So one day I went to the BYU-Hawaii bookstore and browsed around as I enjoyed the cool air conditioning and waited for Ryan to be done with class. I looked around at a few books and picked one up that really caught my attention and sat down to read the first part to see if it was something I would really be interested in. I was about 3 pages into it when I decided I needed it desperatly to keep my attention while Ryan was focused on school work. It was a little too expensive to purchase so I told Ryan about it for days and one day he went to the school library and checked it out for me! I was so excited I couldn't wait to go home and read it (which I'm not sure has ever happend in my life)
Long story short, it was an amazing book! The author's humor and witty personality kept my attention the whole time and there was soo much I learned and I will be applying to my life.
Don't let the title of the book turn you off or suggest that I read it because I wanted to learn the other options if strangling my husband wasn't one. But when I picked it up and first began reading it I realized this book was all about how to improve as a wife (and honestly who doesn't need some help with that).
So to all those out there who are married I strongly encourage you to pick up this book (or order it from amazon.com where it is much cheaper than desert). I laughed out loud and cried, sounds kinda pathetic but it was great! It's a book that I will probably read again and again throughout my marriage and my life.
One of my favorite parts of the book was when the author was recalling a story of when the Detroit temple was being dedicated and President Hinckley was giving a talk. She said how he was talking about various things, as he sometimes does, then he started talking about eternal things. He paused and said,
"'You know, this morning I sat across from my wife at the breakfast table and I looked at her hands. They are wrinkled and gnarled with age. And I thought, these are the most beautiful hands in the world.' He paused and was emotional for a long time. The he continued, 'Oh, how I love my wife. She is everything to me.'"
The author finished by saying, "It is my abiding hope that I can be that kind of wife to my husband--that when we've been married for many, many decades, he will feel that kind of love for me and I for him."


2 comments:
haha Jenny loves this book too! She gave it to me to read... but for some reason I just couldn't.. Maybe I should try again!
haha for real?!! I knew Jenny had great taste! Lol you should totally read it, I think it is worth it!
Post a Comment