So we made it to Hawaii. We have been here for about 4 days and we have been neglecting our blog as we have been working on settling in and enjoying the time we have been able to spend together, just Ryan and I, here in the paradise we now call home.
It wasn't too hard for us to pack since we had decided we were going to leave behind most of our belongings and try to live as simply as we possibly could. So the majority of the bags you see below were filled with swim suits, shorts, and flip flops...all we need for the next year of our lives.
Once we got to Hawaii we rented a car, threw our bags in the back, drove around Honolulu and Waikiki, then headed to Laie. This was my first time ever being in Hawaii and since the minute the plane started circling the island my eyes were wide in amazement of how beautiful it really is.
When we got to Laie we first went to eat some delecious Hawaiin food before Ryan took me around and showed me the town.
We met with a lady who showed us a place and a couple hours later we signed some papers and had a new home.
This place is perfect! It is a tiny studio apartment and the bed takes up the majority of our space but we love it! I don't think we have spent this much time together since our honeymoon and I love how close we literally are to eachother all the time.
The best part about our new apartment is this...
That was our walk from our front door to our back yard. It is pretty much like our own private little beach. The view is even more amazing in person, if you don't believe me come visit and I'll show you.
Our second night here we decided to go to the Kahuku High School football game. Those guys are really good at football, but I mostly watched these little guys...
The little kids there were really cute and really crazy
And I think I may have enjoyed this high school football game more than any of my own high school games
We ran into some of Ryans family while we were at the game. It was fun.
Sunday we went to our ward which we loved! The people here are so friendly and welcoming. We love it and we are so excited to spend the next year of our lives living here!
Well there was a quick update since I know my mom has been anxiously waiting for one. Many more adventures and hopefully more pictures to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment