Friday, March 9, 2012

Maybe we should build an arc?

I woke up this morning to a text from Ryan, who was at work, asking me to pick up the computer cord from the floor.  Weird request, but I did, then I heard a huge boom, crash, and rain pouring down harder than I've ever heard in my life.

No doubt a flood was coming.  So I opened the front door and saw the water just inches away from coming into our little apartment.
Ryan was stuck at work because of all the rain and floods.
Finally after a few hours, and luckily no water ever coming into our house, the rain had stopped.
Ryan was still on campus because he had classes so I felt like I needed to be a good wife and bring him something to eat.  I didn't realize that I should probably have worn my swim suit and flippers.
This is right outside the temple.
I heard a bunch of kids laughing and realized it was our cousins boogie boarding and swimming in a big puddle right next to the temple.  Those kids are crazy, but they have soo much fun.
 This is normally just grass...not a lake.
 I eventually had to ditch my shoes because they were getting too wet 
Right in front of the school.  Another lake that is normally a field.
Good thing most of Ryan's classes today got cancelled though!
Yay for rain days!

1 comment:

mynameis tash said...

Geez, it is out of control over there! Looks kind of fun.