Or aunty as all my students called me.
This past week I survived my first day of substitute teaching. It was great! Wednesday was the first day back from Christmas break and on Wednesday morning I got called to sub for a teacher (an hour before school started). I was super excited and I jumped out of bed and onto the bus as quickly as I could so I had enough time to prepare. Once I made it to the school and found my kindergarten class room I was about to take over for the day I was a little stressed out when I found out I had no lesson plans. I talked to some of the other teachers and found out the lesson plans were on their way and once the bell rang for class to start I finally had them in my hands. Whew!Kindergarten is not as easy as it sounds. Some of the kids are really smart and they had their work done within a matter of minutes and for some other kids it was like pulling teeth to try to get them to do their work. When I tried to help one of the students with his work I told him he had to get it done before recess and he just looked at me and said, "uhh I can't, I am so tired and hungry". Say what?! I wish that excuse worked in the real world.
And this is what peace and quiet looks like at recess time. It was so nice to have some time to finally get all my thoughts together during the day.
Needless to say I learned a lesson this past week. Being a teacher is not an easy job. I made sure I texted my brother and my good friend Kristyne that day to let them know how much more I respect them for what they do as teachers.
I love my job as a substitute teacher and I am so excited for more jobs to come my way so that I can experience working with all sorts of different children and ages.
3 comments:
Congrats!!! I hope they call you everyday!
love this court! come teach at my school.
yay for not selling corn!!
Post a Comment