(This was Ryan and I at church a few weeks ago)
At the beginning of this year we got called to be the nursery leaders of the Laie 4th ward. We love our calling! We have a pretty small nursery class and the kids in there are really well behaved, so we are pretty lucky. It is so fun to see them grow and learn each week. It is the cutest because they all just call us auntie and uncle (here in Hawaii that is what you call those who are older than you out of respect). I really think it is the greatest calling ever.
Yesterday Ryan and I spoke in sacrament meeting. This was our first time ever hearing each other speak in church. I wish I could have recorded the whole meeting so that I could always have it as a memory to look back on. I spoke on Hope (thanks to my dad for suggesting the topic to me) and Ryan spoke on the power of being an example (wow he is a good speaker!). Even though I hate all the butterflies I get from being asked to give a talk, it is actually a pretty cool experience to be able to do it with your spouse.
The best part was when we were sitting on the stand and one of our nursery kids spotted us, she was so excited that she stood up on the bench and waved at us.
So adorable.
2 comments:
that is so cute! glad it went well. xo
Love the church pic:) So cool you guys got to speak together!
Post a Comment