Sunday, April 24, 2016

Amsterdam Pt. I

A few weeks ago I had to take my written board exam for Dental Hygiene school.  I took the exam during my spring break so as soon as I walked out of that testing center Ryan and I ran home to grab our stuff and we headed straight to the airport.  We decided to go spend the week in Amsterdam.  
Amsterdam has always been on my list of places I want to visit, so when Ryan brought up the idea to go I jumped all over it.  We spent a total of 4 days in the city, walked almost 50 miles, visited and saw just about everything on our list, and even met up with one of my friends from school and her husband who just so happen to go to Amsterdam for spring break as well!  Amsterdam was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to and we loved every minute we were there.  The city is built on a series of canals so there’s a canal up and down almost every street, most of the sidewalks are made from cobblestone, the buildings lining the streets looked like something out of a painting, there were tulips on almost every corner, and just about everybody in that city rode their bikes everywhere they went.  It was so charming in just about every way!


The first day we got to Amsterdam, after we made it to our hotel room and took a brief nap, we set out to begin exploring the city.  We started walking up and down different streets and would occasionally pull out our paper map which was hilarious because not only did we scream “tourists” but we came to realize that neither of us are very proficient in map reading.  We got so lost but didn’t mind because we were able to see so much of the city while we walked around.  We walked down to the red light district which is something so crazy to actually witness in person. 

The view outside our hotel room



 The park next to our hotel
 Exploring the streets of Amsterdam


 The Red Light District

No comments: