Thursday, December 5, 2013

Uncle Gabe's Funeral

We went to Hawaii to be with the family and celebrate the life of Uncle Gabriel Nauahi.
Uncle Gabe was one of the kindest people I knew.  A couple of my favorite memories of Uncle Gabe include the time he tried to teach me how to play tennis.  I don't think he expected anybody to be so un-athletic and he was so incredibly patient and nice to me.  We played doubles and he and I ended up winning, and I promise I had nothing to do with the win, it was all him. 
Another sweet memory I have of him is when we were living in Laie and we were in the same ward as Uncle Gabe and Aunty Eleni. One Sunday I needed a sub for my primary class and he voluntarily asked if he could sub my class for me with very little notice to him.  He was always willing to help out any way he could and he was the sweetest man I've ever met.
It was the most beautiful funeral I have ever been to and I am so glad we were able to go to pay our respects and say good-bye to Uncle Gabe.







No comments: