Thursday, December 12, 2013

Elder Visser

On Monday morning Ryan and I flew to Chicago so that I could pick up my brother Justin to take him to the MTC. We made it to Illinois with just enough time to eat at Culvers, go with Justin to the store to get his last minute items on his list, spend some time together catching up, have one last family dinner together then watch him get set apart as a missionary. 
My family (minus my older brother Ryan)

We stayed up much later than we probably should have hanging out with some of Justin's friends while he said his good-byes. The next day the family dropped off Justin and I at the airport so that we could catch our flight to Salt Lake City. 

We spent the night in Salt Lake and did some more last minute shopping and packing while we watched The Other Side of Heaven together.
We woke up Wednesday morning, did some final preparations, got ready and went to In-N-Out for his last meal before we dropped him off at the MTC. 
It was the quickest drop off. We pulled up to the curb, got out, grabbed his luggage, snapped a couple pictures, hugged and he was off!
 Kye and Kate were kind enough to drive us around everywhere and let us stay with them.

It was so nice to be able to spend his last couple days together and I am so grateful we had the time to catch up and hang out.  
I know Justin is going to be an amazing missionary and I am so incredibly proud of him and the decision he has made to serve a mission.  I can not wait to get lots of letters, emails and pictures from him and hear all of his stories!

No comments: