One day I came across my friend Tasha's blog when she wrote a post titled "Regular Days". She talked about how one of the reasons she blogs is for her posterity, which is the biggest reason I blog, and how when her posterity looks at her blog one day they are going to think her life was peachy perfect, which right now hers is pretty darn close living in Kenya with her husband working their dream jobs. But I often think about this; I only blog about all the fun things that happen in our lives. Don't get me wrong, most days really are Disneyland, traveling places, and fun times, but we have a lot of "regular days" as well. I've decided I want to blog more about the normal happenings of life so if my kids ever do look back at this they will know what our lives were all about.
Ryan and I really do have so much fun together. I am grateful for this time in our lives where life really isn't busy. We spend lots of time together and I love that whenever he is home he chooses to spend all of his time with me. During the week days we do visit Disneyland a lot, most of the time to just walk around, talk, and get our "exercise" in for the day. Weekends Ryan leaves for Hawaii to work his Saturday and Sunday shifts at the airport. We are currently in this waiting game with the airlines waiting for a new position to come up for him. It is really hard not knowing what is going to happen but we are trying to make the most out of it all. Every time I drop him off at the airport I get so sad to get back in the car and start driving home by myself. You would think after so many times it gets easier, but it doesn't. He is honestly my best (mostly only) friend and I hate when he has to go. Monday mornings are usually the best, when I get to go pick him up. Sometimes we spend a little too much time together. We start driving each other crazy, kinda like a sibling thing, we know how to push each others buttons and often do, for fun?, it's not really fun, but even when we are we still just want to be together. Yesterday as I was sitting at home by myself texting him I told him how boring it is without him here. Even if he was here and I was sitting on my bed doing the same boring thing, I wouldn't be bored because he was with me.
I finally got a job! Back to waitressing again. For now. That kind of job is hard to walk away from. I love being able to work for my money and go home every day with cash. I got a job at an Applebees that is just getting ready to open. I am excited that we are all new and we all get to go through training together. Today will be our first day of training and I am really excited about it!
Ryan left Honolulu last night and went to Boise for the week, then he will go straight back to Hawaii for the weekend. I'm pretty sure it will be the longest amount of time we will go without seeing each other.
We love living in California! Some days I really start missing Hawaii though and wish that we could move back.
Especially when Ryan sends me pictures like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment