Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bye-Bye Tonsils

On September 11th I had my tonsils removed.  
(I made Ryan take this picture after I came out of surgery to let my mom know I was still alive)

Supposedly the older you are the more painful it is supposed to be, but after experiencing this for myself, I don't know if I could ever let a young child of mine go through this kind of pain.

I am so grateful for my super loving husband who had to leave his work training in Honolulu a day early to fly home so that he could be by my side the day I went in to have the surgery.  I am also so grateful for his sweet Nana and Aunt Marla who took over for him when he had to go back and were the best bed-side nurses ever, waiting on me hand and foot.  I am extremely lucky to live really close to lots of Ryan's family who were so good to me during my time of recovery.  Ryan's cousins and aunts texted me every day to see how I was doing and to see if I needed anything from them.
It wasn't an easy recovery but I'm finally feeling like myself again and I am the luckiest to have such good people in my life to be there for me!

1 comment:

The Ratpack said...

Is there an "AFTER" shot you could post? THAT'S what people really want to see... Just sayin.