Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Day

May has been a super busy month for us over here.  Between new jobs, new hours, and a new place we have barely had time to do much, and unfortunately blogging has been pretty low on my priority list.  After this Memorial Day weekend I will have a little more time to breathe, and hopefully blog.  

One thing that happened in May that is a huge thing here in Hawaii was May Day.  This is a day that the elementary schools and high schools put on a performance and show off their different dances they learned.  The schools start practicing their dances months before and since I'm a substitute teacher I had the opportunity throughout the school year to practice with almost every grade level at Kahuku Elementary.  I was so excited for the day of the performance since it was my first one I was able to go to!  I felt so proud of all the kids at that school and it was so much fun to watch!

The 6th grade girls doing the hula
 and the 6th grade boys
 The preschoolers did a dance to The Little Mermaid and I just about died!  It was seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen

 The kindergarden doing their Maori dance with poi balls and all
 1st graders doing Tahitian 
 2nd grade doing Brazil
 3rd grade did a dance from Grease and this one was my favorite!  It turned out so good!

 4th grade doing Tonga

No comments: